RE: 1.8T conversion

Yes, this is a toy.  A very fast very expensive and ultimately fun toy.

300HP from a 1.8t isn't that far away depending on your budget.......I'd say
$10-12K if you pinch pennies.

As I am currently building a MkI with a projected 250+ HP I'm taking chassis
flex issues very seriously.  I have a contact to weld in a custom roll cage,
weld up front crossmember reinforcement and I have the Autotech
subframe/22mm front swaybar combo.  Should be enough to keep it together.

Brian H