Re: Faulty E-brake / Caliper question

In a message dated 05/23/2000 12:09:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
brett@netacc.net writes:

<< >SO - it looks like my rear caliper is shot, no?

 Yes, most likely.

 > What are my options at
 >this point - can my old caliper be rebuilt, or is it a sealed unit?

 Best bet is a different caliper.  I've had fairly poor luck with
 rebuilt units, and on average, replace at least one each year. Getting
 a new one is expensive though, around $175+.

I've had great luck with the new Girling units.  You can get them from
Adirondack for $149.  IMHO worth it rather that replacing them every year.

greg f.