Re: Faulty E-brake / Caliper question

>SO - it looks like my rear caliper is shot, no?

Yes, most likely.

> What are my options at
>this point - can my old caliper be rebuilt, or is it a sealed unit?

Best bet is a different caliper.  I've had fairly poor luck with
rebuilt units, and on average, replace at least one each year. Getting
a new one is expensive though, around $175+.

>Damn, maybe this is the time for that Corrado brake conversion :-)

Probably too much work, as the ebrake cables are reversed.  Interestingly
enough, I just put two new rear calipers on my 1992 Passat. When
flipped around, they looked like they would be an almost exact replacement
for the scirocco rear calipers...with the one exception that the
ebrake bracket (and the hole for the cable) are at a slight angle
instead of being a straight shot like the stock roc caliper.  The
great thing is they are half the price of the roc units...might be
worth trying out.

Oh, and one of my rebuilt calipers has given up it's ebrake again too. :(

==Brett