Re: ND cans of food are in!!! Trip update.

COOL,
I drove the silver 16v today. (I drove the Volvo all week)
I made it all the way to the drive way (15 feet) before someone told me
how amazing the Scirocco looks. With drool running down his face he
asked me if the seats were in good condition. I had to show him the interior
too.
Then I pushed him out of the way (thump) and told him about the cars on the
list.
I popped the clutch and flew over what was a 2.5 foot deep X 30 X 25 pit
just one week ago.
This pit has keep the old Sciroccos in the barn for the last few weeks.
That explains the Volvo driving. BTW The Volvo wagon is for sale!
Got to love road work at the end of your driveway!! "NOT"
Then I drove over to the world's most overworked mechanic
that works 4 days a week to upgrade the spring on it to H&Rs.
I need a spring compressor BTW (hint for those of you that like to buy
Christmas presents for the guy that has every tacky thing he could ever want
but still needs some tools to fix his low budget car collection).
Thanks to Virtual World Parts and my ever dwindling checking account
The Scirocco MK2 16v "GTX" got some new life boing-ed in to it.
The car sits about 2 full inches higher in the front now and drives like a
dream.
No more slamming HoR spring on my cars!!!!!
As I was picking up the former old silver door stop a Honda drove up
and all 4 guys in the car got out and just looked at the Scirocco.
No pointing, no talking, just looked and looked and looked.
As I was talking to Mr. Ron Wood (see June EC page 122)
A customer asked, "IS THAT YOUR SCIROCCO?"
This customer told me that this thing must be a show car.
He asked me tons of detailed questions. You would think
that the Scirocco was some kind of rare exotic car if you spent
the day with me. At least I was not called a "Power Ranger"
like the last time I drone the 16v in a caravan with Shawn. Well I made it
back to
work with out too many people giving me the old thumb up
nice car treatment only to find a set of shocks sitting in my parking space
for Mr. Ian. Yes we are talking used Bilsten sports for $32 for all 4.
Uhh Uhh Score!!! Not only that but a set of 1977 MK1 bumpers
were sitting in the spot too. Don't know what to do with them yet.
Well I made it home so now I just need to do some more work
on the old "GTX" to get it reedy for the trip. At least I will not have
the only Silver 16v so the pack of hypnotized Honda drivers can
keep Leo out all evening and he can tell them "It is just a Scirocco dude,
get one." If you want this much attention just wash your car.
Sciroccos are so cool people just can't stop looking at them.
ND will be off the map.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"
81 8v red Scirocco "S"