Re: more on [mk2] brakes

>one of my hubs makes a raspy sound when it is rotated,
- could be bent backing plate rubbing on drum outer edge, or
- did you pop the handbrake cable back behind the l-shaped retainer. If not,
it could be rubbing
- did you refit the retainer pins/springs and did you turn the cylinder
pistons so that the retaining lug on the piston face was towards the
outside. If the answer is no to both of these, then the shoes may have moved
enough to rub on the drum edge.

>and the dust-cap wants to work itself out when it is
>rotated (air in the grease?).
Is your split pin bent far enough back in to not foul the cap?
Too much grease combine with an air bubble might also do this.

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8