Re: Tie rod problem

A technique I've used which has worked every time is to hit the hub carrier
arm end-on, as in the diagram below (you need to use your imagination a
bit!), using a 2lb mallet, or something similar. The shock usually breaks
the rust and it pops out with a gentle tap on the rod-end itself.  The
carrier arm will take a fair bit of pounding without breaking (YMMV of
course!). Both hub carrier & tie-rod are perfectly re-usable doing it this
way.

direction-->  (0)=== hub carrier arm
to hit        |

             tie rod