Old Thread {Jegs/Summit Scirocco Radiator}

Hey guys and gals, just thought I would share some interesting
information.

Since the last time this "Scirocco Radiator" thing came up I have been
doing some checking.  My buddy is creating a greymarket MGB GT V8 in the
barn with my scirocco.  He decieded he liked the size and cooling capacity
of my 81 S radiator and asked about the stuff he saw in Jegs/Summit.

He decided to use the radiator (it fits in front of the V8, BARELY), but
the VW fan shroud and fan were too big, so he got the dual fan setup for
the radiator out of Summit Racings catalog.

Well, it turns out the radiator *IS* a direct fit OEM VW Scirocco
radiator.  EXACTLY the same(the VW part numbers are just scratched out).
And the dual fan setup fits beautifully on the scirocco radiator and is
MUCH smaller than our fan shroud and fan. Though I don't know if it
justifys the price ($175).  We shall see if a dual fan equipped 81 VW
Scirocco radiator can keep a '63 Buick Special V8 (stuffed into an MG)
cool enough. :-)~

Eric

80 Rocco (Daily Driver)(!!!FOR SALE!!!)
81 Rocco S (2.0 16v swap and restore in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (Shiny and new, will make a good winter beater :-) )

-Kelli Fox