Re: neuspeed spring delemna

Richard wrote:

> Finally after I got tired of the front riding higher than the rear, I
> lopped off a coil on my Nospeed springs (black ones)  it brought the
> ride down, however now it appears that the springs are "floating" i.e. -
> moving around when ever I hit bumps.  When I assembled the struts back
> together, I could shake the spring around in the assembly.  Is there
> anything I can do to correct this, or does anyone have a set of race or
> some other 2" drop springs that they are looking to get rid of?.  The
> raised front end really tweeks me.

Richard,
My old linear ST Race springs were the same way. I just drilled a hole
through the bottom spring seat and held the spring in place with a good
strong plastic wire tie. It lasted for over a year like that and when I
replaced the springs with the progressive Nuespeed race springs, the wire
tie was still stongly secured to the seat/spring. Even my Nue. race springs
make the car sit a little higher in front, oh well, what can you do. :(
HTH

Randy B
81 Cosmos Scirocco S - future project
81 Mars Scirocco S - tt 1847cc 8V
87 gold Scirocco 16V - parts for Cosmos project.