RE: vacuum leak questions

At 02:57 PM 5/1/2000 , Shannon Fenton wrote:
>Ahhh...isnt carb cleaner extremely flammable? I would spary it anywhere but
>into the carb or intake boot while the engine is running...then again..i may
>be on crack.

I haven't blown up yet. ;)

I used to use Starter Fluid, and wait to see a rise in the idle... but that
doesn't always work.  I talked to my MB mechanic about it (as I was trying
to locate a vacuum leak), and they use Carb Cleaner at the dealership to
locate the leaks.  He found massive Injector Seal leaks on my 190 in about
10 seconds... So I figure if MB does it, we can too. :)

And btw spraying carb cleaner in the boot kills the engine immediately...
Don't ask me how.... but it doesn't blow up, so I'm assuming it's not
flammable.

Jason