I have midrange!

On advice from my parts guy (who has a sweet Audi turbo quattro wagon), I
took off my control pressure regulator and sprayed it out with carb cleaner.
Although that didn't help the situation, since I had the fuel system open,
it was a little hard to start.  Once I got it started, I was having a very
hard time getting it to rev up.  It also smelled very rich, so I leaned it
out a bit.  That helped, so I kept going until I could open the throttle
without stumbling.  Drove it to work this morning, and it's incredible!  I
can actually accelerate, rather than putting the throttle at WFO and
screaming down the road.  (WFO is one we used in college racing solar cars.
They had an observer riding with each team, and swearing was forbidden, but
we made very effective use of acronyms.)

It made me so happy, I actually installed my light switch in the dash so I'm
one step closer to not having wires on the floor.

Aaron
'84 Scirocco - Woo-hoo!
'70 Bug - hibernating
'87 Nissan truck - Soon to be for sale