Re: Bilstein HD vs Sport

<<  Hello, is there a way to visually distinguish the Bistein HD from the
Sport
 besides looking for the stamped numbers? >>

I've only owned my Bilstein HD's for some 16 years, but never have owned
Sports.  Sorry I don't know.

 << I recently picked up some sports and the rear shocks have what look like
 mini piston rings that slot into 5 grooves.  I assume that this is an
 adjustable spring perch to vary ride height (the little sheet that came in
 the box mentions nothing)?  I gotta admit, the little rings look way too
 flimsy to support the sprung weight of the car.  Can I put my worries to
 sleep? >>

Those are in fact for adjusting the ride height.  I have mine at the top
groove(highest) and my car is sitting level.  I find with my wheel
combination that anything lower causes rubbing on the fender lip.  The rings
are plenty strong.  Just make sure you install the spring seat such that they
cover the ring and hold the ring from "opening".  Get some sleep. ;-)

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
<A HREF="http://member.aol.com/sailingfc/">http://member.aol.com/sailingfc/</A