Re: Inner or Outer CV's

Well, when my CV joint blew out on me (on the way home from college, trying
to get comfortable for 6 hours wasn't too fun) the way I was told to figure
out which it was is to grab the axle and try to turn it...if there is a lot
of play, it's the inner.  Or try to wiggle it up and down and see if there
is a lot of play on the inner or the outer.  I'm not sure how if this works
as good if it hasn't blow yet though. HTH!

Lee Folkman
'84 Wolfsburg Scirocco 8v
'82 Jetta Diesel(225,000+ and can still get 50mpg)
http://scirocco84.homepage.com