Inner or Outer CV's

Hey gangs,

This noise thingie which emits itself from the passenger side front wheel
is getting progressively louder. I believe that it's a CV joint gone back.
However, I'm not sure whether it's an outer or inner CV. How can I tell if
it's an inner CV? I replaced the wheel bearing last summer and I've only
done 5000kms since replacing it. Hence, I'm gonna overlook  a bad wheel
bearing (in addition, it's not audible when driving straight)

However, when I turn the wheel to the left I can hear it but it doesn't
sound like a clunking sound. I've had two CV's go bad on me so far. I was
just gonna replace the outer CV but I wanna make sure that it's not the
inner one.  So what do the masses say?

TIA

Sal Guzzo
81 Scirocco