Re: 86 Scirocco

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 Captnbr@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/23/00 2:27:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, oseiler@acm.org
> writes:
>
> << and then turning on the ignition). No noise at all, which is odd, since
>  the frequency valve in the engine is also active for the two seconds that
>  the pump is supposed to be primed. Does the sound like the fuel pump relay
>  should be replaced? >>
>
> Does the car actually start when this happens,  this sound like a dying relay
> only if you are having a problem starting the car. If you are not having any
> problems I would not worry about it.

It does start (though I wouldn't say it's without problems occasionally,
but not to the point of being particularly hard to start). I just wonder
why the pump doesn't prime, since it should be priming...

-Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com
    Scirocco MkII Diary - http://erisian.com/~oseiler/scirocco/index.html