Re: 86 Scirocco

In a message dated 3/23/00 2:27:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, oseiler@acm.org
writes:

<< and then turning on the ignition). No noise at all, which is odd, since
 the frequency valve in the engine is also active for the two seconds that
 the pump is supposed to be primed. Does the sound like the fuel pump relay
 should be replaced? >>

Does the car actually start when this happens,  this sound like a dying relay
only if you are having a problem starting the car. If you are not having any
problems I would not worry about it.

And you other Q, I would not worry too much of your fuel pump sound.  for the
four years, Oh man wait it will be five years next month, that I have own the
rocco the pump has been very loud.  In fact this is the only car I have
driven in which I can hear the fuel pump running.  And I have a 16v, with
cracked downpipe, and I can still hear it with no problem. In my opinion they
are very loud, I like it though. Later