Re: 86 Scirocco

In a message dated 3/23/00 1:33:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bulletproof77@hotmail.com writes:

<< .  (And
 for what is worth, when I turn the ignition to the notch before actually
 starting, there's no buzz sound.)  Any idea as to how much trouble I'm up
 again.  How much time and cost are likely to be involved?  Thanks. >>

Well if it is your fuel pump relay, it is just a matter of swapping in a new
one, It is even easier to change then a fuse because they are big and you can
get your hand around it and yank it out.  A relay at the dealer is around 35
dollars, and if you go to the pickapart junk yard they are Free :) :).  There
is a way to test the relay, pull it out and put a jumper wire in the certain
terminals and listen for it to go on, ( not sure of the exact terminals) and
if it does not go on then it is more likely the pump.  I haven't changed the
pump personally but from what I have heard it is not very difficult at all to
do.  The relay will take 3 minutes to do, the pump might take an hour, and I
am not sure of the price of the pump. Peace

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html