Re: 86 Scirocco

> A much rarer occurence is that the transfer pump occasionally
> doesn't make
> a sound at all (usually after starting and stopping the car
> immediately,and then turning on the ignition). No noise at all,
> which is odd, since
> the frequency valve in the engine is also active for the two
> seconds that
> the pump is supposed to be primed. Does the sound like the fuel
> pump relay
> should be replaced?

  i've heard of this being a "smart" (for lack of a better word) issue
with newer cars so as not to flood the engine. there were times when my
car would do this, but after replacing the relay and transfer pump it
always buzzes (though, i admit, i haven't turned it off only to turn it
back on).

--
 /\_/\   Foxx (in a box)
< o o >  http://foxx.tripd.com