Re: 86 Scirocco

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Oliver Seiler wrote:

> [...]
> A much rarer occurence is that the transfer pump occasionally doesn't make
> a sound at all (usually after starting and stopping the car immediately,
> and then turning on the ignition). No noise at all, which is odd, since
> the frequency valve in the engine is also active for the two seconds that
> the pump is supposed to be primed. Does the sound like the fuel pump relay
> should be replaced?

What I meant to say hear what that when this happens I can't even hear the
frequency valve buzzing; absolutely no noise. Does *this* (lack of) sound
sound like the fuel pump relay should be replaced?

-Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com
    Scirocco MkII Diary - http://erisian.com/~oseiler/scirocco/index.html