RE: [16v] t-body hose q

Ryan Schuermann wrote:
>hey dub heads,
>
>am I right in assuming that the 1 rear nipple on the t-body
>is found after the venturis? ie does it or can it report
>the vaccume/boost condition found inside the intake manifold?

NO, it connects to right before the smaller of the two venturi's. Clean
off all that oil and dirt, and you'll see where the tiny little hole.
The way I reason it is that it gets vacuum when the throttle is
partially open. This when you get the fastest air flow over that portion
of the t-body. This is also when you want to advance the timing, because
you are not under load.

I was just at the junkyard recently and saw that a later A2 Jetta/golf 8v
(i.e. Digifant) also has two nipples on the back of the T-body. Dunno if
that will fit for you but it's a thought. Might be easier than making
your G60 t-body work.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0