Re: Velocity Lightened/Balanced Flywheel

I just bought a Eurospec lightened and balanced flywheel from
Mark at Adirondack for $149.  It is new not used so there is
no core charge or exchange to worry about.  The flywheel looked
great - shiny and new - with the friction surface looking perfect.
It looks like the did a good job lightening it also - very neat
and clean - 7.7 lbs.  I was going to go the used and reground/lightened
route - but for the price this didnt seem like a bad option.

I drove the car (83 Rabbit GTI w/JH and 2H) and it felt like it
revved more easily and took off faster with very little difference in
how I had to modulate the clutch on takeoff.  I'm happy so far -
I'll let you all know how it holds up over time.

While you have the tranny out do the flange seals and the output
shaft seals on the tranny also - they are easy and cheap.

Joe Oliveira                        ______________
83 FSP Rabbit GTI            [__\==(\x/)==/__]
97 STR  Jetta GLX VR6   {OO==(\x/)==OO}
ilium@bit-net.com
Visit our website at:
http://www.FlyingToasterRacing.com