stuck rear suspension bolt

Hi all -- I was going to replace my suspension today, but I ran into a
problem when trying to remove the right-rear shock (luckily this is where
I started). The bolt which secures it at the bottom is very stuck (the nut
comes off fine). We tried everything we could think of (including lowering
the weight of the car onto a wrench) but to no avail. It appears that it
is frozen in the metal sleeve which the bolt runs through. The bolt
appears to turn, but will immediately turn back once the torque is
released; I assume this is because the metal sleeve is fixed to the rubber
which surrounds it.

Anyway, does anyone have any bright ideas? Some possibilities: drill off
the bolt head, and try to pull it out from the other end (perhaps using
the nut to pull it out by tightening it); press the bolt out (I don't
believe it's threaded into anything beside the nut, but I could be wrong);
impact wrench. Heat wouldn't really be appropriate given the rubber.
Anything else?

Thanks,
Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com