Re: MkII 8v value

>I'm going to look at an '82 Scirocco tomorrow.  It's supposed to be
>really clean, 80k miles, but I know the 82's have the smaller engines
>(75hp). It's also got a 5 speed, which I didn't think came out 'till
>later, but I'm not that familiar with Sciroccos, yet. I couldn't find
>a value on the Internet, but how much do you think this  car is worth?
>The 8v cars seem to be worth only about half what the 16v cars are worth,
>but I haven't look at a huge number of them yet.
>
>- Mark

I've paid $550 & $225 for an 85 and an 84 respectively.  Both have
been pretty worn out mechanically, and somewhat rusty with a few
dents and dings...but solid cars.  For a clean car ready to run
with little or no exterior dents or rust, good interior, strong
runner, with no after market mods and an 82...I'd be willing
to pay around $900 if I was in the the market.   I'd guess it
would need a 'normal' amount of mechanical upkeep (brakes, tune-up,
fluids, shocks/struts/bushings...maybe even bearings, hoses, tires,
and electrical system rejuvenation).  My two cents. :)

later!

==Brett