Re: 16v weird noises

In a message dated 3/17/00 2:31:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
chungsteroonie@yahoo.com writes:

<< These guys run smoothe when they're running right.  I
 compared it to my other 16v, and it sounds distinctly
 different.  Something's wrong.  Sounds like it's
 coming from the belt side so it may be the belt
 tensioner.  What are other ways to test it? >>

Do you only notice this sound only at Idle?  If so, then one of your belts
might be loose.  I had this on my rocco.  The A/C belt was not loose enough
to squeal, but at idle it was loose enough to make this horribly loud
vibrating noise, It was oscillating back and forth in the center of the belt.
Then I tightened the belt, then the noise stopped.

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html