Re: Points to Hall Sender.....

DNK006@aol.com wrote:

> The electronic ignition of a non-knock sensor Rocco connects with two wires
> which are part of every car's system. <good stuff snipped>
>
> Anyone have any info on this:  My mother's 86 Cabriolet has the Jetronic
> ignition, no knock sensor.  Is that normal?
>
> Damn, I've done too much wiring!!!
> Ben
> 84 8v

Remember the Cabs are a different beast in many ways, hybrid
parts and systems. Sometimes leftovers after the Golf has evolved
to a new 'Mark'.

As for the coil on points cars, there is a mention made that
electronic Ign cars have a different part number for the coil.
Buuuuut, some early cars _did_ have the White/Violet resistive
wire. Other later years eliminated this wire. I'm thinking you
may want to attribute the qualities of time proveness, simplicity
to the 'pointless' ignition.

TBerk