Re: Points to Hall Sender.....

The electronic ignition of a non-knock sensor Rocco connects with two wires
which are part of every car's system.  Tach wire (coil negative) and the
ignition switched (coil positive).  The entire ignition system is essentially
self-contained.  When I changed the harness on a 79 to an 84, I choose to
keep the point's and breakers for reasons such as time-proven effectivness,
simplicity, space constraints, etc...  As far as the resistance wire, I was
told by a VW mechanic that BOSCH coils have this resistance built in.  It's
purpose is essentially so that the points (or transistor) do not burn up from
the 12V systems added power.

Anyone have any info on this:  My mother's 86 Cabriolet has the Jetronic
ignition, no knock sensor.  Is that normal?

Damn, I've done too much wiring!!!
Ben
84 8v