Re: Points to Hall Sender.....

If you are just doing the factory electronic ignition, which I think is what
comes in the 84 scirocco (I might be wrong), then all you need is the
module, distributor, coil, and wiring harness between the three components.
Install everything as you took them off the doner car then hook the harness
to + and - respectively and you will probably have to replace the wire from
the fuse box to the coil that gives the coil the coil power.  The points
system runs on a lower voltage that electronic ignition so it has some type
of resistor wire that reduces the voltage to the coil from the fuse box.  A
simple thing to do, just may sound difficult.  If you have the knock sensor
system to install, you need a LOT of other stuff.  Sensors, knock sensor, I
think the air flow meter with differential pressure regulator and
potentiometer, just to start.  Check the Bentley.  I don't know for sure,
but it may tell you.  HTH!!

Dave