From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org [mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On
Behalf Of SII2L16V@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2000 8:06 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: [ELECTRICAL] 16V Alternator Problem

hey, everyone the battery light on my alternator intermittently goes on.
I've noticed it go on over 3K rpms.  I was on the freeway when it went on.
made an exit as soon as I could but the light went away.  I popped the hood
to check the belt if it's still intack and it is.  I get back on the freeway
and once the car made it past 3K... same thing.  light come's back on.  I
slowed down a bit to under 3K and it disappeared.  Well, I took a chance
driving it home (25 mins on the freeway) and ignored the light.  I made it
home fine.  Anything I should check for before taking it to the shop?  TIA

Mike