The little black box....

Between the transmission and the speedo is a small black box... Know the one
I mean? Well the blonde broke the screw connection on the firewall side
trying to find out why the speedo is acting funny. Can I just join the cable
ends together with out the box? I am not using the O2 sensor and it has been
disconnected for years. If not what is is it called? The little black box
isn't too descriptive.
	I just added the new dash board today.Oil temp, H2O temp, Manifold temp and
fuel gauge (in an old clock case) where the tach used to be. Photo's soon.

TIA

Julie Macfarlane
Menlo Park Research & Development
'81 Scirocco (re-animating)