Re: The little black box....

Julie Macfarlane wrote:

> Between the transmission and the speedo is a small black box... Know the one
> I mean? Well the blonde broke the screw connection on the firewall side
> trying to find out why the speedo is acting funny. Can I just join the cable
> ends together with out the box? I am not using the O2 sensor and it has been
> disconnected for years. If not what is is it called? The little black box
> isn't too descriptive.
>         I just added the new dash board today.Oil temp, H2O temp, Manifold temp and
> fuel gauge (in an old clock case) where the tach used to be. Photo's soon.
>
> TIA
>
> Julie Macfarlane

1. Reconnect a (new) O2 sensor. Don't leave home without one.

2. Replace the two part Odometer cables with a single one (think
Diesel). The box is a mileage counter to remind you to have the
O2 checked/ replaced. Since you will be keeping a better eye on
your car than the average point A to point B driver then you
don't need it.

3. Nice to have a new dash, aint it? :)

TBerk