Re: [Sciroccos] Be Nice To The Newbie

>> Stay away from Autotech. See parts suppliers on my
>> signature. I been using Techtonics for more than ten
>> years.

>Score:
>Autotech - 1 yes, 1 no
>Techtonics - 1 yes
>Any other opinions??
>(Potterman gets my $$. He can even find great KYB rear shocks for Rabbit
>Pick-ups.)

I had an Autotech exhaust on my '82 for about 3 years before it died.
they should last longer, but the car had also been running lean for a
long time which cooked my cat also, so that may have helped speed things
along...  I replaced it with a Techtonics 1 1/2 years ago.  So far it's
holding up fine, except for the tip which looks like it may not have
properly been aluminized or somthing, because it is corroding at a much
faster rate then the rest of the exhaust.  (But all companies have their
problems every now and then...)  I honestly didn't notice much of a
performance difference between the two, but the Techtonics does sound
better with that resonator and all.  I'm inclined to recommend the TT,
simply because more people seem to like them.

On a side note, alot of people on this list do not like Autotech, and
some do.  There are alot of complaints about customer service when there
is a problem.  Personally, I have used them in the past without incident.
 But then, I have never needed customer service.  Everything I bought
from them (except the exhaust) is still on the car and still in good
shape.  Maybe I'm just lucky...

Welcome to our world!

B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a "Fritz")