Hotel for Friday, May 19th

Called Vandenberg 2day and we...well, y'all :)...can't stay at on-base billeting because you're civilians and not my relatives :)  However, Mike Green, the billeting manager said for me to call back a week before we show up in Lompoc and he'll block off rooms downtown for us at the military rate.  This will come out to $21 per person ($42 per night in the hotel) if you want to double up.  Otherwise, it's about $69 per night.

Also, I called my old unit and if there was going to be a launch when we rolled in, a friend of mine was going to get us passes to the launch fall-back area (I used to work out there).  He gave me the unclassified site to check for launch dates/times

http://mocc.vafb.af.mil/launchsched.asp

Looks like there won't be any launches for our dates (so far), but if it changes, maybe we'll get to see one of the launches up close and personal.

Cheers!

Steph