Re: Hotel for Friday, May 19th

stephygee@prodigy.net wrote:

> Looks like there won't be any launches for our dates (so far), but if
> it changes, maybe we'll get to see one of the launches up close and
> personal.

Last year we were at the Lompoc Motel 6.  I finally got to sleep very
late after the usual Motel 6 racket caused by partying young'ns, only
to be VIOLENTLY awakened at about 4am by a launch that I had no idea
was coming.  The thing roared and vibrated like a massive quake making
its way down the fault line - I was REALLY convinced that that's what
it was and I was scared shitless.  I grabbed the sides of the bed
in anticipation of the shaking starting up.. but of course it never
happened.  After about 15 seconds of this I realized how close we
were to Vandenburg and figured out that it had to be a launch of some
massive rocket.. sure enuf it was.

-kc-
'86.5 16V 2.0
'99 GTI GLX