Re: 16V performance

Ian Overholt wrote:

> I would think with a cam and headwork that the TT downpipe/cat would be
> crucial.  I don't think it was THAT expensive either.  Last I remember, Ron
> told me it was about $325.  That's not much more than the cat-back exhaust.
> It is a quality piece and with the tuned head, I think you would really
> want a good exhaust flow.  Your stock downpipe would become a bottleneck,
> IMHO.

I dropped by Ron's place this morning.. discussed the cat issue.. he is
suggesting the high-flow TT cat, but not a new downpipe.  I didn't
specifically ask about their 1-piece downpipe/cat they make for our cars,
which you are referring to.  If that's a better way to go, I'll do it..

> I have always heard that the 2.0 head had more material to work with and was
> therefore a better head to port.  But, you've got some references to some
> master guys.  After you talk to them, let us know what their opinions are.

Exactly what Ron said.. he specifically wants to send up a 2.0 core for
Collin to port.  My head is a 2.0, btw..

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0