Re: 16V performance

I would think with a cam and headwork that the TT downpipe/cat would be
crucial.  I don't think it was THAT expensive either.  Last I remember, Ron
told me it was about $325.  That's not much more than the cat-back exhaust.
It is a quality piece and with the tuned head, I think you would really want
a good exhaust flow.  Your stock downpipe would become a bottleneck, IMHO.

I have always heard that the 2.0 head had more material to work with and was
therefore a better head to port.  But, you've got some references to some
master guys.  After you talk to them, let us know what their opinions are.

Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Champagne Edition