Re: 16V performance

> 2. I have heard/read conflicting statements regarding the 1.8 vs. 2.0 head
> issue

Hey Kevin. Going through all of this myself, I know that you will hear
conflicting statements about these heads. When it comes down to building
motors I usually trust what two people say...Collin @ TT and Jeff @
Velocity. Both of them said the same thing to me about this issue...

Fact. The stock heads differ in both intake and exhaust port size. The 2.0
head has larger exhaust and the 1.8 has bigger intake. Most people
automatically assume that the 1.8 head is better because of the larger
intake ports, but they often overlook the size of the exhaust ports.

Jeff says that once you start porting & polishing, it doesn't matter what
head you start with because you're completely changing it.

Collin will tell you that bigger doesn't automatically equal better.

My advice is to talk to Collin about it. Tell him what you want to
accomplish and he'll help tell you where to start. Also, he's the only one
to do the work. He's a flow bench master and won't just go in and make the
biggest ports possible because it "looks" good.

So what did I do? Well, I'm sorry to say that I didn't get mine done by
Collin. Being in So.Cal. you probably know Chris Barzman. He was parting out
his car so I bought his head that was already P&P'd. Someday I'd love to
have Collin really work the head, but it ain't cheap.

Good luck -- Craig