Re: Hi! i'm new to the list

> This is a very important thing. If you are getting ready to do a
> repair that
> you havent done before it is always good to ask the list before you
> start
> cause sometimes there are shortcuts to make things go quicker and
> easier.
>

> Chris DeLong

And most of the time you will get contradicting views. You post a
question and TEN people post TEN different ideas over a two week period.
Rants continue for another solid week and one person gets their feelings
hurt, two threaten to leave the list, and the rest are secure that their
way was the ONLY way. Sigh.

My point is...use your own common sense. Wade through the B.S. and you'll
begin to see that there ARE some folks that know what their talking
about. Keep a list of the people that give you the straight forward
advise and e-mail them privately first to aid you with your current
project.

Chris made a good point here, I just thought it could use some
elaboration.

I don't currently, nor have I ever owned an Mk1 Scirocco. So from this
post on, unless you're swapping a 16v into your car...don't listen to a
word I say. I am clinically insane and I'm sure Kevin Collins will attest
to that.

Have a HAPPY VW day,
Eric Ellis
Good, bad....I'm the guy with the gun!