RE: [CLUBVAC] 84 gti head

>They are not the same.

Incorrect.

The 1985 and up cylinder heads have hydraulic lifters and corresponding
cams.

I think you may be thinking of A2 cars. A1 cars with JH engines are the
same. 8V Sciroccos all have solid lifters (US). The intake valves on any JH
engine with its original head are 40mm. 38mm intake valves are in '85 and up
low compression A2 engines (GX,MZ).

'85 Scirocco JH head is the same as an '84 Rabbit GTi head.

Hope this clears some things up.

You could convert your Rabbit GTi motor but I wouldn't bother. Doing a
conversion requires changing the oil pump and cams. I forget if theres
anything else.
>Scott F. Williams
>Account Representative
>GENUiTY