Re: Block Needed for my 16V

On Sat, 24 Jun 2000 21:13:04 -0400 Marc Getty <marc@getty.net> writes:

>DAMN! Today I really screwed up my Scirocco. Going way too fast I went
>airborne and nailed the ground real hard. So hard that my suspension was

>completely worthless.

Well, if you used the suspension as it was intended and not like a
monster truck, you might not have the problems your having.  :)

>-snip-This seized the engine. This also lifted the engine off the front
>motor mount and the rear trans mount and pushed the throttle body up
>putting a good sized dent in the hood. -snip-
>Assuming that only the block and mounts that need to be replaced I
>will go ahead and get this fixed.-snip-
>Any comments are welcome and will be most appreciated!

The way you describe it, sounds like you might have bigger problems than
a seized motor. At the very least you will also need a new rear motor
mount and bracket. Probably a front motor mount and bracket. Quite
possible that you bent the motor mounts on the chassis. Very bad if you
did.

What did you do anyways?? I cant imagine someone hitting the oil pan so
hard it breaks the oil pump. The motor might still run but I doubt that
its still good. Remove the oil pan and see if it will crank over. Its
possible you simply pressed the oil pan up into the crankshaft and that
stopped the motor. You could of bent the crank in which case you only
need a replacement crankshaft which might save you some cash.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!