Re: Block Needed for my 16V

On Sat, 24 Jun 2000 21:13:04 -0400 Marc Getty <marc@getty.net> writes:

> So, anyone know where I can get a 1.8 or preferably 2.0 block with
> oil pump and pan? Preferably used, but must be in really good shape.
I'm looking
> for inexpensive, I hope to get this all fixed for under $1.2K if I can.
>
> Any comments are welcome and will be most appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Marc
>
> '74 VW Thing in near daily driver condition at
> http://getty.net/thing/
> '81 VW Jetta Diesel gone to the scrap heap after 179,786 miles
> service
> '84 VW Jetta GLi was SOLD in Oct 1999 with only 164,275 miles to NJ
> '87 VW Scirocco Tornado Red 16V 183,800 miles in Philly PA since
> 7/2/99

I have a good 1.8L PL 16V short block that I would sell for $100.
It has 138K miles on it, and I just sold the head off of it 3 weeks ago.

I'm located in Bear Delaware, which is about 45 minutes south of
Philadelphia.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V