Block Needed for my 16V

DAMN! Today I really screwed up my Scirocco. Going way too fast I went airborne
and nailed the ground real hard. So hard that my suspension was completely
worthless. My oil pan hit the ground and was completely crushed, this most
likely caused the oil pump to be crushed, and it probably got pushed up into the
crank case. This seized the engine. This also lifted the engine off the front
motor mount and the rear trans mount and pushed the throttle body up putting a
good sized dent in the hood.

Now I am thinking of getting this fixed, after all I have all new wheels, tires,
a recently (>4000 miles ago) rebuilt transmission, a kick ass exhaust from the
cat back, and other cool upgrades that would be difficult to reproduce on
another car. Before today's fuck up it ran great other then a rattle in the cat.
Assuming that only the block and mounts that need to be replaced I will go ahead
and get this fixed.

So, anyone know where I can get a 1.8 or preferably 2.0 block with oil pump and
pan? Preferably used, but must be in really good shape. I'm looking for
inexpensive, I hope to get this all fixed for under $1.2K if I can.

Any comments are welcome and will be most appreciated!

Thanks!

-Marc

'74 VW Thing in near daily driver condition at http://getty.net/thing/
'81 VW Jetta Diesel gone to the scrap heap after 179,786 miles service
'84 VW Jetta GLi was SOLD in Oct 1999 with only 164,275 miles to NJ
'87 VW Scirocco Tornado Red 16V 183,800 miles in Philly PA since 7/2/99