Re: clutch cable update

>From: "Jason Arms" <redbug64@hotmail.com>

>  Now i think my fuel pump is starting to go.  I will have to replace >that
>before i leave for waterfest!  My 16v seems to skip and spudder a >little
>when i really get on it, and my fuel pump is making funny whining noises.

Try the transfer pump first. My 85 started acting funny, sputtering and
stalling randomly, as well as making whining/groaning noises at the fuel
pump. I put in a new transfer pump and the problem never resurfaced. It's
alot cheaper than a new Bosch fuel pump too. :-)

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0
78 Scirocco 1.8