Re: clutch cable update

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Jonas Karlsson" <jonas85k@hotmail.com>

>From: "Jason Arms" <redbug64@hotmail.com>

>  Now i think my fuel pump is starting to go.  I will have to replace >that
>before i leave for waterfest!  My 16v seems to skip and spudder a >little
>when i really get on it, and my fuel pump is making funny whining noises.

Try the transfer pump first. My 85 started acting funny, sputtering and
stalling randomly, as well as making whining/groaning noises at the fuel
pump. I put in a new transfer pump and the problem never resurfaced. It's
alot cheaper than a new Bosch fuel pump too. :-)

Our Sciroccos are living parallel lives!  My fuel pump started making lots
of noise right before the ND trip and I'm just getting around to changing
the transfer pump.  I'm hoping that's the pump causing the ruckus.  I also
just got a manual adjust clutch cable because my self adjust cable is really
worn.  Last week, I replaced the left front wheel bearing that was groaning
so much on the ND trip.

Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Champagne Edition