Re: Senders & Tranny Q.

When using factory (VDO) senders, you should not have to coat the threads
with anything. The senders ground through the head/oil filter flange, and
any sealant or other coating will interfere with the ground and result in
erroneous readings.  IN my expereince, if you use clean senders and new
copper gaskets where applicable, leaking will not be an issue.

Drew (84 Wolfsburg Ed. drivin' daily, 84 just resting)

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Duffy Penski wrote:

> 2 Questions, first off I'm going to install  oil pressure and oil temp
> senders pretty soon...anything I should know/keep in mind before doing this?
> I'm hoping its just a simple switch. I know to teflon the threads but is
> there anything else I should keep in mind?
>
> Second Q, I'm still getting the occasional grind into second and third, and
> its always rather difficult to get it into second (compared to other gears).
> I've got good/new bushings all around and a brand spanking new rear tranny
> mount I just had put in. I've seen you guys talking about swapping tranny
> fluid with  redline...would this help any? How much does this stuff cost?
> (i'm considering doing it anyways).
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Duffy Penski
> mpcd@mediaone.net
> 86 8v

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca