Re: WaterFest travel advice

At 10:41 PM -0400 6/14/00, Jim Jarrett wrote:
>If you thought the party scirocco.org had out in back of the Milpitas
>Courtyard was fun - wait till you see Waterfest!  Imagine if that
>whole parking lot was FILLED with VW's, and their owners hanging
>out.....plus lots of burnouts going on in front.
>
>(I suspect some cracking down on that....)

Ah yes, the burnouts.  Those fabulous burnouts.  I taped one of them last
year, done by one of the very first 1.8t Beetles on the market - dunno if
anyone remembers it or not but it was silver, with OZ F1 cup rims, I think.
Anyways I converted it to quicktime format, and I can post it somewhere if
the demand is there.  Only problem is it's size - almost 17MB.  But it is
super high quality, no dropped frames, and the burnout is really pretty
cool :)

BTW I second Jim's testimony, the waterfest scene is something else.  The
day before the show is in some ways better than the show itself!