Re: All this "done with VW's" crap

> >Another funny thing I come across quite often is people buying cheap used
> >cars bitching about what a POS it is. Duh, you pay $500 and you expect a
> >trouble free car for the rest of your life?
>
> Exactly.  This should have been a warning to all the sorry people who
bought
> Yugos too.  I mean, how much do you want to pay for a car and expect it to
> run?

generally speaking you're right.
You get what you pay for.
But paying lots of money will not safe you automatically from buying junk.

and on the other hand, I got two Sciroccos for less than $200 each
and both are very good cars, after investing a little work.
one of them you can see at http://www.Scirocco2.de/gtx.htm
Doug Teulie has test-driven it lately - wait for his review...

The other car was meant to be  for Shawn during the Roadstar meet,
I bought it for $100 and drove it 1000km to Budapest and another 1000km back
again
one day later and the car just runs great. I used it as a daily beater for
some weeks,
and then, after I was sure that everything works, I put it back into the
shed.
I will sell it to a friend in Spain now, as I have no use for it.

With a little regular maintenance, our Scirocos will run without making
problems.
Greets
dirk