Ac re-install etc.

I spent yesterday re-installing the AC in my car and modifying it to run
134a instead of R12. I found every thing except the crossbar that goes from
the AC compressors frame to the starter.  I went to a friends house to pump
it down, then had the system charged. I now have COOL air back!
Can I run with out this cross member? It seems secure enough.

While under the hood, a very gloss black Audi (something) pulled into the
drive, the driver got out and asked what year the car was and if I was
interested in selling it. Turns out that back in the early 80's he had owned
a Rocco and got rid of it when he married, much to his regret.

By the time I'm done, I bought it for $1000, and have another $2000 into it.
With 300,000 miles on the Odo, owned since '93, very little maintenance and
NO major work done in that entire time.

Car for sale? No, definately not.