Warpig turns 190k/ project updates

Woohoo! On the way back from the Deleware Drive (VW fun run) my little
Warpiggy turned the 190,000 mile mark. I can't think of a more fitting
way for it to happen. And to top it off, I was doing 105 mph at the
time!  :^)

Other news is that my Scirocco project has taken even more interesting
turns for the better. If the deal goes as planned I'll shortly be the
owner of a... 6-speed transmission. The purchase price is $1000
-complete with Velocity 80% diff lock kit! Good deal, eh? It is based on
a 16v box, too. I'm buying a 4.23 final drive for the Warpig and thus
will have it's 3.89 to transplant into the new 6-speed.

I'm also pretty sure that I'll be picking up Dirk's 50mm 16v intake
manifold. Who out there as experience with this? Does all the low-end
torque go down the drain? I figure that if it subtracts 10hp from the
bottom but adds it to the top I can live with that. As it is, I'll be
running a lower than stock final drive plus a worked 2-liter motor
(Schrick 260s/ extrude honed and ported head). What is the consensus out
there for a set up like this? Will this be a gutless wonder below 4k
rpms? I don't mind terribly if it has stock 1.8-ish performance off the
line but I don't want any less than that.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!