Re: All this "done with VW's" crap

----- Original Message -----
> VW's are crap for
> reliability.

So that's why I daily drive an '87 Jetta with 160,000 miles with no major
service. Prior to that I had another '87 Jetta with 201,000 miles without
any major service. The only reason I don't have it is because it was stolen
and recovered with a lot of missing body parts. My 1991 Passat has 80,000
miles on it and it too has had no major service.

I also "rescued" a Jetta from a girl who tried to drive it into the ground.
I bought it for $500 when it had 140,000 miles, put in about $1,000, drove
it for a year and then sold it for $3,000.

Can't forget the 1981 Scirocco I own. I've had it for ten years. I autocross
it, take it to road tracks (Laguna Seca, Sears Point, Thunder Hill) and
drive the heck out of it on the streets. Oh yeah, and no major service.

Hmmm. VW's are crap for reliability? I guess I'm not understanding.

--Craig Williams
1981 Scirocco S 2008cc 16V (Breaking in the Motor)
1987 Jetta GLi 1.8 16V (Daily Driver)
1991 Passat Wagon 2.0 16V (For the Wife & baby to be)