Re: 1984 Scirocco Info Wanted

Hey Kent,

$2600 seems high for an '84 8 valve.  I'd expect to be able to get a newer
16 valve in really good shape for that or less.  On cars that old, how they
were cared for makes a big difference.  Was it garaged?  Serviced by a
knowledgeable mechanic?  How many owners?  Driven to the grocery store by
grandma or beat to death by a high school kid (no offense to high school
kids intended).  The most important thing to look for on a car that's 16
years old is rust.  Before you make an offer look around at some of the car
buying web sites, look in the paper.  See what roccos are going for and in
what condition.  Then make an educated offer.

I just came across this one.  HTH.

VOLKSWAGEN SCIROCCO,
1984.5, Wolfsburg edition, 120,000 miles, second owner, runs great, good
cond, $1850 negotiable. (203) 330-9757 (4X) emachado@theglobe.com.
Bridgeport, CT

Good luck.

- Jan Folkson   www.janfolkson.com

'86 16V
'99 Passat 1.8T
'00 Beetle GLX 1.8T

"I don't want the world, I just want your half"