Re: 1984 Scirocco Info Wanted

New Hampshire Huh?

I'd try to reason to a buyer that a spare set of wheels and a new engine were worth $1000.

If the VW you were looking at was in tippity-top shape it would be a good price.

I have a 16V, it is fast - but expensive to fix.  Since I got the 2.0l bottom end for it, I keep forgetting about the cost...

Rust or miles don't seem to be an issue with MK2's but: engine mounts seem fragile, exhausts can be expensive, fuel pumps seem to fail on some regular cosmic interval, odometers quit odo-metering, transaxles can come apart on the inside.. there are more but I can't think of them.

Today I was coming out to the parking lot near where my car was parked.  There was a gray haired guy and a young boy standing looking at my VW.  The guy was gesturing and explaining and the kid was nodding.  They had left by the time I got there but it was cool just the same.

Still glowing,

Dan Brideau
http://www.hobbyetc.com/scirocco/